Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winding Down

I suppose this post will be contradictory to that of my coworkers but my semester is beginning to wind down in workload these days. Ah, the benefits of a creative writing major. This year I haven't had a single final. Instead I have final papers and portfolios which I love because I can plan ahead and get them done early. In truth I am probably one of the only people on campus who doesn't procrastinate. This means I will have a very lonely final week at Beloit because everyone else will be studying like mad. Just nine more days, folks. Nine more days.

Don't think that I am only too glad to leave Beloit. On the contrary, I am feeling kind of blue thinking that I won't be back on campus until next January. But it will be a big exciting adventure in Chicago for wee little Krista, with no one to hold her itsy bitsy hand. Actually it could be similar to New Student Days. All these folks I don't know gathering together from all sorts of ACM schools to come to the Newberry for a semester. Could be like an FYI. Strange.

Yoga Week has continued without a hitch. I taught a beginner class and got some newbies, which is always fun. Tomorrow is the late night relaxation yoga class. Hopefully the teacher won't have to compete with nice weather and will get a big turnout. Friday the week ends with a meet and greet featuring cookies. Maybe no one will come but if that is the case I will have plenty of cookies for finals week!

Only one more paper to write. One more paper. It is 4-5 pages. Short, insignificant. All I have to do is sit down and write it but I find myself balking at the task. If there is one type of assignment I hate, it is literary analysis. I am good at it but I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns. Ah, well. Builds character and all that yippety yap. So I am procrastinating by weaving a rag rug. Now this is truly procrastinating because I have no assignments in my weaving class. Purely self-indulgence of the worst kind.

No comments: