Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So Long, Farewell...

Oh the final post! So much gravity placed on this one act of writing. I feel as though I should say something grand and reassuring but have no idea what to say. I'm not very good at this sort of thing but here's my best shot: Don't fret. College is a transformative part of life. You will be lonely, scared, and sad at one point or another during your college career but in the end what you learn and experience will be worth the trouble.

In other news, today was the last day of classes and I draw ever closer to that place I call home--Mankato, Minnesota. I am so excited to see my folks again. I have yet to hand in one paper, which is almost finished, and then pack. Sorting through papers is the most tedious part of the packing process--what to keep and what to discard? Who knows when I might want to read an excerpt from "The Waste Land" or some travel writing theory again? I've already started packing my books, trying to decide if I should attempt to sell any back to the bookstore. Less for me to carry anyway since the money is never much.

Weaving was my last class of the day/semester. We compared our body of work and discussed what pieces were our favorites and what we would change in the future. My prof brought us cookies. Pretty sweet. I shall miss my days at the loom and the seniors I met through this class. Admissions hosted a lunch for all the student workers today which was awesome. Everyone brought a dish to pass and we were fed well. I stayed longer than I thought, catching up with coworkers and counselors. They even gave us treat bags. Nothing like junk food to fuel us for studies!

No matter where you end up, (my faceless, nameless audience) I hope that these blog posts helped you visualize what life at Beloit is like and the kinds of wonders/travails you can look forward to in the coming years. Good luck on the journey!

1 comment:

Peter said...

I should have read this when it was still relevant.