Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Final Countdown

No, I'm not planning on rocking out to 80s synth music tonight though that would be fun. This title is in reference to the fact that in less than two days I will back on Minnesotan soil for the first time in seven weeks! The excitement on campus is palpable. Change is in the wind--spring is on the horizon despite the best attempts of late season snowstorms. The weather is warm and the sky a dazzling shade of blue. Walking on campus yesterday I couldn't suppress my buoyant spirits--greeting everyone I saw, smiling often and indiscriminately. My friend, who had several midterm exams awaiting her lashed out telling me to "stop being so happy!" This time of year (meaning both the season and part of the semester) brings out conflicting emotions in the student body. Luckily I found myself with only one paper due before Friday so my workload has been relatively mild compared to most. But the heady mixture of spring break approaching, positive interactions with several of my professors, and the beautiful weather combined to make me almost giddy with excitement. Yippee!

Tomorrow my friends and I will celebrate the midterm of the semester by going to La Casa Grande for dinner. It's simply a hike down the hill to 4th street. Since I don't own a car Beloit businesses within walking-distance receive the majority of my patronage. La Casa Grande is a local west-Mex restaurant that is pretty popular with the college crowd for serving up heaping plates of tasty food for cheap. They even deliver, in case you have a hankerin' for quesadillas some odd night or Sundays. Not too shabby. In any case, it should be a fun time with my chums who I won't see for a whole ten days. We shall take pictures to record the momentous occasion. Otherwise I only have to print off my Brit Lit paper, attend two classes, and pack before hitting the road. I promise to return to Beloit full of gossip and highlights from my journey!

No comments: