Monday, January 21, 2008

Back in Business

My goodness! It's already time to update my SOI blog and let all you faithful readers know about the wonder that is a Beloit education. Sorry but that will be my one and only admissions plug. Scout's honor. So much has happened since I last posted back in December. It seems eons have passed. All those classes I was lamenting about and worrying over have been tidily finished and put away in that convenient back drawer called an undergraduate transcript. But I promise new classes will take their place and give me fresh fodder (read: angst) to share with everyone.

Let's see. I'll just give you the highlights of my month home and to make it stylistically interesting I'll compile it in a list.
1. My best friend drove to Beloit to pick me up for break the day after classes let out. Winter roadtrip ensued complete with getting lost on a back road in Hope, MN after dark.
2. Spent lots of time with my new nephew. Fell in love with him over and over again.
3. Holiday celebrations with too much food and herds of camels.
4. Played many rounds of Apples to Apples and Rummy Royal with merry relatives.
5. Watched Sweetland and Omkara again. Fell in love with Ajay Devgan.
6. Wandered around the St. Paul public library with sleeping nephew. Received sore arms but great knitting patterns.
7. Made potstickers for New Years eve with my grandmother.
8. Danced with my cat.
9. Went to favorite pub with my best friend and took silly pictures of french fry eatery and straw shenanigans.
10. Read books at my leisure.

Goodness, what fun it was to go home but now it's time to buckle down and hit the pages again. This last weekend was the Beloit International Film Festival, which is always a lot of fun but seems to fall on the coldest weekend of the winter. Luckily most of the films I went to see were close to campus so I didn't have to trek too far into the raw cold. I saw a set of shorts which were really funny, a documentary about Cuban healthcare, and a comedy called The Ten which wasn't what I expected. The festival is always a great way to get off campus and watch some films you might not otherwise see.

No comments: