Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Follies


I held my first morning yoga class of the semester today. It was a greater success than I had anticipated. I reserved the spirituality room on campus for the class, which is absolutely perfect in atmosphere for a yoga class but lacking a bit in the space department. This wouldn't be an issue, I thought, since how many people would really rouse themselves from sleep to attend an 8 AM yoga class? Apparently plenty. There were six students crowded in the room and no space for any others so I would venture to say that morning yoga is a popular item on campus.

After teaching yoga, the day was still young so I spent three hours working on my Robinson Crusoe paper before heading to lunch and my fiction class. I'm almost finished with the paper having weeded out the long rambling sentences and incoherent thoughts. Now I just have to insert the citations. Yay! In creative writing we are reading a first novel by an up-and-coming author named Phil LaMarche. So, to get class discussion going and take advantage of the eautiful sunshine today, our professor sent us outside in groups to find a scene in the book to perform for the class. I was the narrator and always feel a little silly interrupting the characters' dialogue with "he said" or "said he" but those dialogue tags are important to note. On-campus tutoring has started up again as well and so I met my tutee this afternoon at the Campus Community Outreach Center. It seems like we will make a good pair so I'm excited to get to know her better through working on math skills and the like. And by and by my day has slipped away and now I am working in the admissions office updating my blog and waiting for the calls of inquisitive minds seeking news from Beloit...

No comments: