Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Between the Doors

It is strange being at work while the sun shines and students frolic outside on the muddy grass. How I long to join my peers in a game of frisbee or tag on the burial mounds but alas, I have my occupational duties to attend to. It has been a lovely spring day in Beloit with temps in the 50s and minimal breezes. One can't help but be cheerful about such lovely weather in the Midwest, especially as winter seems particularly persistent this year. Again we are to expect some slushy snow/rain tomorrow with highs in the 30s. Lame.

It is advising week on campus so students are busy picking out classes for next fall and stopping in to see their academic advisers for signatures. Nothing like mapping out the future to get a person excited about life. There will be a new academic schedule next fall that will cause all the upperclassmen endless confusion for the first couple weeks but the incoming freshmen will be savvy from the get-go. Lucky freshmen. I get to bypass the entire process next fall since I will be off campus but will have to deal with the change come spring semester. I looked at the fall course offering for fun even though I won't be on campus and it seems like there will be quite a fascinating array of classes. I'm a little jealous actually. Some of the classes look pretty neat. Ah well. There will be other fall semesters for me, though not many.

Speaking of the future, my FYI is getting together for a reunion dinner this Thursday at my adviser's house just up on Chapin Street. We're ordering in pizza, catching up on old times, and getting advice on choosing a major if we haven't already done so. I guess I'm going more for the free food and company than for the advice but it never hurts to have a second opinion. I liked my first year advisor though I haven't taken any other classes with her besides FYI. This dinner and the major declaration fair will portend the end of the SYI program and help wrap up my first two years at Beloit. A little sad but I'm excited for what the future holds--a semester in Chicago and the Real World.

1 comment:

Cayetano González said...

NIce blog Krista, kind regards from Spain.