Thursday, November 8, 2007

Revisions, revisions

There comes a time in a young girl's life when she must turn her fancy from the diversions of youth to the more corporeal world of revisions. I had a meeting today with my creative writing prof today concerning that very topic. As the end of the semester looms ahead (only five weeks, people!) these tidings become even more onerous. So you can imagine how my weekend will look--Krista stooped over her laptop, typing furtively, stopping now and then to exclaim "I've got it!" as she flips wildly through pages of manuscript.

Oh, but let me tell you about Symposium Day. I attended a morning session that focused on NGOs in India and Sri Lanka. All the presentations were very interesting and well done. I learned a lot about non-profits and potential internship opportunities abroad, which was helpful. Afterwards I met up with my friends for lunch and then we all went our merry ways with me heading back to my room to do some research--yippee, hurray!

Anthro club held a little outdoor gathering in the afternoon which was a ton of fun. We braved the cold and practiced throwing atlatls at a target set up in the field behind Aldrich. Unfortunately none of us were able to hit the target but I'm sure if a stunned wildebeest was sitting at the far end of the field, we could have grazed its shoulder. Woman the hunter! There was some danger involved with this foolishness, such as hitting a parked car, but we certainly couldn't have hit a moving target even if we were trying. In our incapable hands the atlatl was rendered 'safe as houses.'

No comments: