Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Feelin' like Fall

Yeah, I guess I'm a sucker for alliteration though too much is certainly a bad thing. All literary devices in moderation, folks. That's my motto. This is a really pathetic introduction to my blog. Sorry. I guess you can tell it's getting on towards October Break. Onward to the exciting stuff!

I only have to finish one paper for Friday in the way of homework for my classes this week. That's pretty exciting considering that midterms are heavy upon us here at Beloit. Most of my friends have three exams on the same day so I am flying fancy free at the moment which is problematic. As Emily, my dear coworker, so eloquently said, "It's Tuesday and I feel like I've already checked out." Ditto kiddo.

Thursday in my fiction class we will workshopping my first story of the semester. Always a scary thought. My professor already lost the copy of my story that I handed out last Thursday which doesn't bode well for the commentary. I'm sure it will be even more illegible than usual. Point of interest: creative writing majors tend to have terrible chicken-scratch writing. Just a heads up. I'm already halfway done with my rug in my weaving class. Very exciting to finally see the pattern coming together. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to post on my blog so people can see that this rug physically exists and isn't some pathetic attempt to appear more accomplished and womanly than I really am.

I had my first taste of student bureaucracy last night at the Belcon meeting I am attending for yoga club. No kidding, Beloit's student government is very active on campus but with that power comes red tape and semantics. Don't get me wrong! I definitely advise getting active on campus but be aware that there are gavels and pretentious protocol that you will have to follow. Forewarned is fore-armed, I say.

Friday I only have one class that gets over at 10 AM so my break is starting really early this semester. Hurrah! My friend from Minnesota is coming to pick me up around noon and from thence we shall make our way to Madison to spend the afternoon on State Street. My college friends are coming up later in the afternoon and we shall all meet around dinner time and head over to Middleton where we are crashing for the night. Then early Saturday morning it is off to the interstate and back to the sunny shores of Mankato! Yippee!

No comments: